During the first clinic visit, which is the visit of investigations and assessment, you will undergo these routine steps to be ready for weight loss surgery process. Weight loss surgery is like other major surgeries requiring a group of investigations and assessments according to patient’s medical condition.
The pathway to weight loss surgery includes:
- Full medical history and examination are completed.
- Completing your database file.
- Understand the weight loss surgery procedures, risks and potential benefits.
- Choosing the best procedure for you depending on your medical condition.
- Taking a full supporting data about the procedure (include web link, papers and videos).
Routine blood tests
- Complete blood count
- Liver functions
- Kidney functions
- Thyroid profile
- Lipid profile
- Vitamin D
- Hepatitis Markers
- Cortisol level (when indicated)
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Chest x-ray
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Pulmonary function tests (Spirometry)
- GI evaluation (when indicated)
- Cardiology evaluation
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Pulmonology evaluation
- Nutritional evaluation
- Endocrinology evaluation
Subscribe to Dr. Mohamed El Masry YouTube Channel