- You will be able to drive within one or two weeks after surgery, if you are not still taking pain medicine.
- You can return to work after 1-3 weeks.
- You should be okay at home without any extra assistance.
- Remember not to carry or lift anything more than 10 Kg for the first 3 months.
- Be sure to follow the diet plans we give you.
- Remember to drink slowly.
- Don’t forget your vitamins and other medications.
- Exercise every day. Walk for 30 minutes.
- Participate in normal activities.
- Use the stairs.
- Remove plaster over your operation wounds 3 days after hospital discharge. Clean your wounds twice daily with betadine lotion.
- Shower carefully after plaster removal.
- Don’t worry if your skin gets red around your wounds. But do call me if the redness becomes severe or you experience pain or drainage.
- Your first follow-up visit will be 14 days after surgery.
- You can go for swimming after 3 weeks, if you want (after checking your medical condition).